1. Do you lack confidence in your body or general physical appearance?
a. Changes made in anything in life begin with one thing:
THE DESIRE TO CHANGE
b. Nearly all things we may be unhappy about are within our control to change.
c. It takes realistically minor adjustments over time that aren’t overwhelming to produce.
Bigger. Longer. Lasting. Results.
2. One of the easiest things that we can change is our health and fitness
a. Changing your diet will:
i. Give you more energy
ii. Balance hormone levels
iii. Fight disease and sicknesses
iv. Lose unwanted and ineffective weight
b. Changing your fitness or beginning a fitness program will:
i. Lose fat.
ii. Gain muscle.
iii. Create the body composition you desire (Tone)
iv. Help with physiological functions
v. Generate a better performing body
c. ALL-in-ALL creating an overall better quality of life.
3. MANY find it uncomfortable beginning in a gym or new fitness environment. We all in one way
or another enjoy looking good in most things that we do; so why not take that same approach to
your fitness journey. It is difficult at first and I’ll be the first to admit it. We don’t want to wear
the stuff that makes us feel vulnerable in our skin.
a. Legs too small for shorts.
b. Butt not as big as we want for leggings.
c. Nope can’t wear that open back or that sleeveless cause it shows too much.
4. COMMON misconceptions for gym attire:
a. Clothing that you wouldn’t wear anywhere else.
b. Old clothes you don’t mind getting messy or stained.
c. The thing is YOU WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE. What ever that may look like for you.
When you’re confident and comfortable in your clothes then your level of commitment
is at full throttle.
5. You spend a significant amount of TIME in the gym, why not give it the same level of attention
and respect as you do the rest of your wardrobe.
a. I HAVE THREE RULES WHEN IT COMES TO CONFIDENCE IN THE GYM:
i. Always look cool (look like you belong).
ii. Never get lost (have a plan or coach).
iii. If you get lost, make sure you look cool (No one will notice).
Father Figure Blog Series Clothing & Confidence
Check out our Women's most popular apparel below!
6. The type of clothing you choose is subjective to your style and interest. The ultimate goal is to not only make sure you’re comfortable in it but to make sure it makes sense to the situation.
a. Are the shoes effective for use?
b. Does the clothing provide climate and sweat control?
c. Is it too revealing where it just looks like you’re looking for attention?
d. Can you move effectively in them?
e. Does it hinder the workout?
f. HONERABLE MENTION: Hygiene!!! (Don’t be that one)
7. IT’S 2022!!!
a. Gym attire is more of a individualized fashion statement now then a right vs wrong like it used to be.
b. There are MANY different styles and purposes
c. NO ONE REALLY CARES above all else especially when your journey has just begun.
i. Most people are busy judging the “know it alls” more then they are you I
8. The BIGGEST thing to remember is:
a. It’s your journey and no one else.
b. It’s your body and no one else.
c. AS YOU CHANGE your confidence will go up and your fitness wardrobe will change along with it.
d. As you see results you’ll enjoy wearing the types of clothes you didn’t imagine month 1.
e. NOT EVERY WORKOUT LOOKS THE SAME
i. Gym fit will change as per the workout
1. Personally I wear shorts on legs, pants on upper body days, sleeveless
on chest or shoulders to see muscle activity and pump, and hoodies on
days I don’t care and want to sweat more.
9. Your gym attire can be solely responsible for the confidence level changes for you in the gym. But like I previously mentioned the desire to change has to be there. You have to want to feel better for you so sometimes that means taking a risk.
10. These days there are many approaches to clothing and confidence. This is one of the many reasons that I decided to go with an “Athleisure” style clothing brand. A large variety of clothing styles for both men and women that can be worn with confidence both in and outside of the gym.
Styles that vary from simplistic to graphic and some comfy and compressed. Whichever you may prefer or be opened to trying I have it. Your next boasting gym fit is just one click away, and your next confidence boost is just 3 easy to follow rules from being someone’s inspiration or gym crush.
a. ALWAYS LOOK COOL
b. NEVER GET LOST
c. IF YOU GET LOST, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK COOL.