We all have an idea on what we want to look like, or some performance-based goal of how strong or fast we want to be.
What about the goals that make us feel better? Many eventually find the need to make a change because of the way they feel emotionally and spiritually.
So, what should we focus on?
1) First, we focus on the “why”
- What brought you to wanting to make the change
- What is the emotional connection?
- How does it affect your quality of life?
- How does it affect your patten of life and enjoyment?
Intangible goals such as:
1) Being happier in my skin (body “image”)
2) General health
3) Energy levels
4) Hormonal balances
Are directly proportionate and residual to the tangible goals:
1) Weight loss
2) Muscle gain
a) Both of which together = “Toning”
3) Lift a certain weight
4) Do a body weight pull up
5) Fit into the sexy bikini
6) Wear shorts, or be shirtless
Whatever the goal may be; we express in the physical and tangible in order to fix the internal and intangible.
There is always an underlying reason.
Never forget your Why!
Next up: Tuesday, Feb 22nd
Check out our up and coming post: " Things to Consider When Choosing A Trainer/Coach "